Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Arriving- take a deep breath

Arrived safely at the lovely Banyan leaf hotel in Siem Reap after a long 16 hr day.

Loved Singapore airlines ( hot towels, peppermint tea and toiletries).

Flew Sydney, Singapore, Da Nang( Vietnam) and then Siem Reap. The last leg was amazing, flying over clouds which looked just like a frozen landscape. I was delusional by then and thinking it's just like life, all looks solid and real and then you lean on it and fall through, landing with a crash. And when you look back up you wonder what were you thinking!

Got through the airport ok, this is one of my most vulnerable moments, when you arrive and are exhausted and have to get to your accommodation. I thought I had a driver but no one was there so I braved a tuktuk.




I was overcharged of course, and they couldn't understand my accent, but finally I was off and it was a beautiful ride to town. Just on ducks, cars, push bikes, motorbikes, and me feeling close to it all without having to peddle.

Accomodation great thanks to Katie's recommendation! and it literally crashed into bed. Felling a bit like omg, but I know a sleep will set me right.



No comments:

Post a Comment