Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Settling in and meeting carolyn

Woke from a near death sleep, I was so exhausted, to a throbbing headache ( dehydration I guess from the plane trips). So water water water and now I'm renewed! I am slightly paranoid about enough water given my recent low blood pressure fainting episode.

Breakfast in the hotel was great, tasted a fruit which was I know not what, looked like chia seeds in icecream is with a pink skin.

Then ventured out, hoping to get my bearings and not get lost. Everyone offers you a ride, I guess making money as a tuktuk driver is hard work.  When I arrived last night the desk clerk asked what group I was with and I said I was alone. He looked shocked, and proceeded to tell me that his English teacher was also very very old:)



Spent the morning exploring and getting my bearings, then massage of course and a nap. Got called grandma a couple of times, so trying not to attach a negative to that haha. It's really nice weather , 26 degrees , many people are wearing jumpers and parkas.

Afternoon being anxious about dinner with carolyn, the lady who set up the centre.

Dinner was fabulous, carolyn ( and nick her board director) were lovely and answered my 100 questions.

The school is south of siem reap, I don't have the location down pat yet, but tomorrow off we go. It has cold running water, and I will have a bed so it's al good.

I'm trying to go with the flow in my mind about how it will be. Nick said last night with I will be the first European ( and first white haired) woman to stay at the village, so should be an adventure. Oh and they have very little English at all:) 30 children, with a cook and two carers.

3 comments:

  1. Remember : meditation, reading & laughing. Each & every day. Your white will mean lots of respect. :) It will be brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like all is well. Very proud of you. Can't wait to hear about the village Grandma!!! Much love

    ReplyDelete