Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Just walking around

Spent a great day walking around. It feels very safe and I get up and eat breaky early so it's nice and cool. There are markets everywhere, selling everything you can think of.  I have to take a deep breath before I enter, it's like going into another world.


The produce always looks amazing


But it's the raw meat that makes me gag


The buildings here are either ramshackled or very ornate. The high court is fantastic


And always with intricate detail


This is one of my favourite things so far, I may try and get a job here haha. It sounds very Harry Potter



Spent ages around the Royal Palace. It's hard to reconcile how a country can have such grandeur in official buildings and then such poverty elsewhere. But I guess we have that at home too.


You can't go inside the main palace, only into what is called the silver pagoda. Apparently the king is overseas a lot, and many people resent him for not caring for his people.

There is a garbage collectors strike in, so bags if rubbish are starting to pile up.


Tomorrow the genocide museum, I'm a little nervous about that, but feel that I must go.

1 comment: