Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sihanoukville



Well what can I say, now I know what it would be like to be stranded in an island paradise. An island paradise where you are staying at the Japanese version of Fawlty Towers. My accommodation is beautiful as you can see by the pool. But it is in the process of being built, 7 am onwards it is all noise. Everyone speaks two languages, Khmer and Japanese, and all the food is Japanese. They all think I am a hoot, and try to look after me, but it's a bit wild. And we are on a big hill that tuk tuks can't get up, so my options of ducking out are limited. Sihanoukville is amazingly beautiful, but with very limited English language, so some bits are hard going.

My days have been like this,  breakfast



Morning activity, Moosie is always sunsmart, this is victory beach


Lunch


Afternoon 



Dinner



It's so exhausting I had to visit another beach, sokha. It's mostly a big resort, and I spent the afternoon in the spa.


I needed the spa to recover after I verified that beaches all over the world have three things in common. Sand, waves, and large men in tiny bits of fabric. Keithy I'm sure he is related that man fishing near us at bawley.


Luckily I have been obsessed with reading, so am truely relaxed.

1 comment:

  1. You sound so relaxed, would you like me to call the airline for one of those little gophers to pick you up at the plane door

    ReplyDelete