Saturday, February 1, 2014

Yogi girl

Have moved back to siem reap, and into a fantastic yoga retreat about 3km from town, Angkor Zen.

In staying in the deluxe studio, which means I get my own bathroom and air con.  It's like my own little hut in the jungle.





Other guests in bungalows arranged to be like a village.



We have a communal dining room and all eat together. The whole place is a few acres with lovely trees and spaces.



My day starts with an hour of silent meditation at 6 am, and I'm pleased to say it's going really well. Its conducted in the open air pavilion, and there is garden all around. So lots of beautiful bird noise, and in the distance the monks chant at a nearby Pagoda. It's often just owner and I , which is nice.



Then straight into an hour of ashtanga yoga with fabulous teacher from Mauritius. It's really good, and I struggled a bit on the the first day with my sore arm, but have now acquired a support bandage which is helping.  This class is very popular, so we had 8 there today.

Then it's straight to breakfast. All the food is vegetarian, most from the organic garden on site.  We have Aussies, Irish, American, German, and Swiss people at the moment, which makes for great conversation around the hugs table in the open air dining room. A mix of old and young people, and I've got some great ideas for the rest of my trip.

After breakfastis a morning Tai chi class, and all the classes are optional. Afternoons are the reverse, from 3 30 its tai, yoga and meditation then dinner.  I've skipped the tai chi, as I've been doing activities.

Feeling so much better, maybe no alcohol or coffee helps that haha.  Oh and they have two cats who love me and one comesto my hut ( I bet they say that to all the guests)



The one, who is raising two litters of kittens, comes to the dining area for cuddles



I'm a bit sad that I don't have longer here, but I've already made bookings in other spots.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yogi girl.Your accomodation looks great and lovely that you have some dining company. All well here.

    ReplyDelete