Saturday, February 15, 2014

No sign of Angelina, Ta Prohm

After breaky we headed to Ta Prohm, the temple where some of Tomb Raider was filmed, and the one which is being reclaimed by the jungle.



Each temple has their own feel, and this one was lovely because you walked quite a way through a track in ether jungle to reach it.

Then you see these massive trees, figs I think, growing over it.



The roots looks like a giant serpant


I keep thinking ashes to ashes, dust to dust


So much of the temple is carved with beautiful pictures



The restoration work, funded by different international governments at different temples, is staggering


Moosie and I found an amazing series of side rooms that you could barely get through


Ad just so you don't think I'm to crazy with my temple pants check out this couple


I find it funny that everywhere us visitors have built little cairns or inukshuks, I guess the urge to pile up stones to say I was here is a human trait, it's just these kings thought on a much bigger scale:)


On the walk in and out through the jungle tunnel there were bands of 5 or so men playing Cambodian traditional music. They were land mine victims and all had limbs missing. Very confronting.


1 comment:

  1. You've painted a lovely picture of your wonderful trip. Looking forward to seeing you

    ReplyDelete