Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hostel at the end of the worls -Siglufjordur

I think I'm becoming a befuddled 49 year old. After leaving the Rob Z bikini top at the hot tub, prior to which I had driven on a two lane road the wrong way! I headed off the Siglufjordur without reading the map carefully. What looked like a tunnel through the mountains had in fine print Oct 2010.  So I had to go the long way. Lucky it was a cruisy day, and as it turned out the drive through the Trollaskagi peninsula was breathtaking. ( yes that's really what its called, I kept my doors locked!)





 I would have loved to go for a walk, but its actually someones farm.



And now I'm at the Siglufjordur hostel, and Sharon I think its like the one you told me about!!



This is the most northerly hostel in Iceland, and is just 40km south of the Arctic Circle. You have to keep stopping as you drive alone the coast, both to look at the ocean, and to calm you nerves from the sharp drop off that you are driving against

No comments:

Post a Comment