Tuesday, September 21, 2010

resting in Akureyri

Have spent town nights in the nice Hostel at Akureyri. Its such a luxury to not have to pack up everything in the morning! Its cold and the snow line is dropping each day





This is the second biggest town in Iceland (population 16,500!) so has plenty of nice shops, galleries, and public art ( which you know I love). Here's my favourite, I've no idea what it is I just like it!




I have spent most of the two days flat on my back, doing one of three things: sleeping, reading my new Jodie Picoult book ( House Rules,which I have now finished!), or hot tubbing. None of these things can be photographed!! Had a near disaster at the hot tub ( prior to leaving town, had one last soak, its outdoors and you are looking up at the snow capped mountains), anyway I left my swimmers! Yes the Rob Zombie bikini top!! But luckily I remembered a bit out of town and went back.

So I feel rejuvenated now and ready for the wild roads of the north and west.



Oh and I got a group photo from my trek..check the classic netball pose!!

No comments:

Post a Comment