Monday, September 13, 2010

Post Hike In Reykjavik

Ive spent a couple of nice days post hike in Reykjavik.  The first night in was shocking as a women in my hostel room snored ALL night ( we have since discovered that she has a wine cask under her bed, so I think that may have contributed!!). I was so tired, but even with ear plugs it was no use!!!

Saturday was spent washing clothes and body, and then suffering through 3.5 hours at the hot springs, where I went from Sauna (on lovely hot tiles), to cold and hot spray showers, hot tub, massage, relaxation room in front of fire, facial, and more relaxation. Only problem is everyone is so gorgeous that you feel like you should be sent to the ugly tourist room!!. Needless to say I came back to my room and slept like a baby!!

Sunday I visited the Saga Museum, which was great, so now I have a good overview of the history before I head off in my hire car.  I'll be driving anticlockwise around Iceland, camping and hiking. Can't wait to be in my tent, as I think 3 nights in a hostel room with 3 others might be my limit.

But Tom and Eric, guess what? One of the girls in my room went to Wacken this year, and she was so impressed that I knew what it was! We had a great chat about metal bands, how funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment