Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gros Morne National Park

This place is absolutely beautiful, and my photos cant do justice to it. Think big mountains around vast lakes, and lots of green pine trees. Water everywhere. I'm so excited to be spending 3 days hiking here! This is what I saw at every turn as I drove the 30km in off the main highway.

It was only 2.5 hrs drive from my visit at Corona college (the mining simulator people), where they were so excited to see me.

I'm at a lovely camp ground, picture perfect, except for the RV people who bring everything including the kitchen sink ( yes us tent people are a bit superior!). This is the view at the campground, at Norris Point.

Tomorrow I'm going on a 4 hour hike, its really warm here, 23, not at all like I hear it is in Orange.  I got someone to take my photo today......still netball posing!!!

The funny thing was after he had taken it another man came along and asked if we'd like our photo taken together! I laughed and said I think that might be a bit weird as we only just met!

Not only is the scenery great, but all the buildings are so cute, wooden and brightly coloured.

And Eric I was in the store and heard a guy walk in and say " hows it goin, eh?" just like you do. And Ive also found some "Bacon recipe cards"!! who'd have thought that you'd need recipes!

No phone working here, so will just be contactable only by email until Sunday or Monday.

1 comment: