Thursday, August 12, 2010

visiting erics mum

Did some shopping in St Johns, so now I have a new Pocket Rocket fuel stove. Yippee, great feeling of independence. Ill try flying to Toronto with it, but I'm not sure if it will be confiscated. May be my first of many stoves.

Well, now i know why you are such a great guy Eric. Your mum is great. Spend yesterday over lunchtime visiting with her in St Johns.

And with the two beautiful cats, Maggie the lovely calico

and Simon. Now a funny thing happened with Simon!

After I left Sarah's I headed west, buoyed ( no Helen, not boyed!) by the conversation. Imagining in my mind a glamorous women, silk scarf on head, top of car down, rolling along through the beautiful vista's of lakes and forest. In reality I am in my Mazda 3, and it was raining, but anyway you get the mood!  So after a few hours I stop at a gas station, and as I get out I notice white on the seat. heaps of white fluff, covering the seat. Then I look down, and I'm wearing ice breaker (black of course) top and pants, and they are covered in Simon's white hair!1 Not just a bit, but covered! So i had to sidle into the diner looking like Id just had a fight with a polar bear! I'm so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment