Thursday, August 12, 2010

Johnathons Pond, in the middle of NFL

Drove for a few hundred kms, on my way to meet the lady with the mining traniing company in Grand Falls Windsor.

Decided I needed to stop, and saw a sign, Johnathons Pond Campground, 15 km. So I got my supplies and headed off. Now the forest here is really dense, so you are driving on a ribbon of road through it. I got the jitters, thinking I'd arrive at a place where eveyone had only one front tooth, and lots of guns. All the huge "jacked up man trucks" added to the sinsiter atmosphere. By the time I got there I had convinced my self that it was OK to turn around and get a hotel room.

And this is what it was like, just lovely! So Ive tried out the new fuel stove ( excellent), had a great sleep, and am now about to go and meet the people at Corano College, Grand Falls Windsor.

By tonight I will be in Gros Morne, with a few days at one camp site and lots of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment