Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hudson Valley, north of NY, getting all Zen

I'm now in the Hudson Valley, about 1.5 hrs north of NY. Survived the Penn Station experience with all my gear, with the help of Moosie. Yes I did sneak him into my bag, as he deserves the photo ops! What I didn't realise is that this village is where the Clintons had their daughters wedding last weekend, so its all very very high society country.



Omega is on 150 acres of beautiful woods, so my campsite is lovely. And my tent is sensational, twin vestibules rock!! Lots of hammocks, Andirondack chairs, lakes and ponds, and little wooden studios for classes. Ive done some yoga  which made me realise how bloody sore no exercise and lots of sitting makes you. Oh I miss Friday nights Eric! And I dont know why they don't have O lifting classes here?

Have started my writing workshop. 26 women who love to write about how they feel, its a bit intense at times ( yes imagine 26 of me!!!).But very good. As I arrived for the first session I saw a man on the path walk up to a short women in a flared skirt and whisper to her. She laughed, reached around  and pulled her skirt out of her undies. And Val, you guessed it, it was Marge Piercy!   I should put that in my first novel!!

Funny thing is they have mucked up my booking here and Ive had more stress at this Retreat than in New York !  Ah travel, its not actually what you see but all the little details in between! I've very busy just organising my bed for each night.

No comments:

Post a Comment