Monday, August 16, 2010

Terra Nova, and back to rainy St Johns

Spent last night at the lovely Terra Nova National Park, in central Newfoundland.

On the way you see heaps of moose signs, some to watch out for them on the road, and some to eat them  ( Ellie can you imagine eating Moose Burgers!)

Speaking of eating, I allowed myself the treat of pancakes and maple syrup with bacon yesterday. Yummy!! 4 big fluffy pancakes, enough maple syrup for a family of six, and heaps of bacon. I love this country!!

Then came  upon a beaut spot, Joeys Lookout ( Joey, imagine having a place named after you!!).

Met a nice man on a Harley there, who said he'd be my sugar daddy and travel with me. Silly him, one look at me and you can tell I don't like sugar!!!

Camped last night at Terra Nova, and had a great chat with the ranger. She was from Calgary and had hiked where I had been only the week before. It was good to hear that even a ranger gets nervous hiking on her own. We swapped stories, and of course my moose encounter was the best one.

Went for some short hikes, and saw some great Canadian geese.

Even with all this nature I didn't have the best night, as for some reason lots of people need to play loud music, and all you can hear is the base line beating away. Ah, the serenity!!

During the driving have been listening to the audio book of Bill Bryon's A Walk in the Woods ( thanks Eric!). It is so funny, especially when you have been camping and hiking.

So back in rainy st Johns now, to spent the night at Sarah, Maggie and Simon's place and fly to Toronto tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson ? How on earth did you stay upright & walking & not falling over & staying down with laughter ?

    ReplyDelete