Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hike to Gros Morne Mountain, and my boobs!

Well its Sunday morning here and I'm about to leave this lovely spot.

Did an 8km hike yesterday up Gros Morne mountain.

It starts off through lush forest that is cool and green, really quiet as you feet are muffled on the leafy path.  And everything is covered in moss.

You then climb up and out into tuckamore, the flat and gnarly fir forest.

And then you come to the plateau with fantastic view to the harbour and ocean.


The view from the top was awesome and well worth the hike. You can see lots of dead trees in this one, this is because of the big problem they have with to many moose and overgrazing ( guess they are like Kangaroos or rabbits to us).                           


This is my lunch spot, with  my obligatory netball shot, And yes, before anyone needs to tell me, I think that I need to get rid of this bra. Sports bra's are bad at best, but when they get old its not a pretty picture!!
And everywhere there are beatiful clear lakes and streams.

Cooled my feet in yet another crystal clear brook on the way down.

Then went to to the little hamlet of Rocky Harbour to do washing. It is so cute, even the cemetry has a great view.


When you wash you want to wash everything. Yes here I am in my swim top and shorts sorting my bag. Don't worry, I did put a shirt on when I walked back to camp.
 So journey's are filled with personal growth and reflection. Mine for the day is that I have saggy boobies!!!!

Now heading off to drive back to Terra Nova National Park in Central Newfoundland.

1 comment:

  1. Sensible now .... right ... moose definitely good omen. Wonderful encounter ! Cemetry & view reminds me of Rapa Nui (Easter Island), except ocean very wild when I was there. Ok, that's more dignified comment ! :)

    ReplyDelete