Wednesday, August 11, 2010

leaving usa, arriving canada

Well the last few days have been transit days and I am now in St Johns, Newfoundland.

Before I left I did a nice walk on the Hudson River, and took this classic Margie year 6 netball team pose shot. This is a really hostoric area of New York State, where RD Roosevelt was born, so very interesting.

 Got to St Johns late last night, easily setting up my tent in Pippy Park at midnight! Go me!!! Its a bit weird being here on my own, as Jode and the kids and I ended our trip here 11 years ago, but lovely to be in cool weather with friendly Canadians.

. Its still the same georgeous place, with the amazing coloured houses. Some are really lovely....

And some are just "what were they thinking...."




Im going to meet Erics mum latter today, then start my drive to the other side of the Island, where I'll do some camping and hiking in Gros Morne National Park. I'm excited as this will be my first proper walking. Oh and I'll visiting the mining lady in Grand Falls on the way.

All my icebreaker and North face clothes are going great, as is my duffle bag, so I'm getting into the swing of it. And so many nice people come and chat to you, its amazing!

1 comment:

  1. The pink, yellow, blue colours are (amongst) my perfect colours. Yep, I am thinking !

    ReplyDelete